HISTORY


Best quality and highest standards of manufacturing have been our
company's trademarks for more than 100 years.
A company that has grown steadily – through inventive craftsmanship and
market-driven innovations.
Family cohesion provides the basis.
Best workmanship and state-of-the-art technology –
Made in Germany – since 1903.

1903
Albert Hirth, father of the famous aviators Hellmuth
and Wolf Hirth and Swabian "Leonardo da Vinci",
establishes the Offene Handelsgesellschaft
Fortuna Werke in Stuttgart. Emil Lilienfein joins the
company as merchant and shareholder.
Development of the first skiving machine with bell
knife.

1938
Development of the first splitting machine FSP.

1953
A completely new leather skiving and splitting
machine is introduced to an international audience
at the Pirmasens Trade Fair.

1965
The newly built Fortuna branch in Weil der Stadt
is inaugurated. The assembly of skiving- and
splitting machines is relocated here.

1967
The 50.000th skiving machine and the 250th
splitting machine leave the plant.

1991
The world's first computer-controlled skiving
machine CS 4 is presented at the IMS in
Pirmasens.

1994
The entire company including the areas leather
and spindles move to the branch in Weil der Stadt.

1996
The areas leather and spindles are split and
allocated different trade names.
The Leather division becomes Fortuna
Spezialmaschinen GmbH..

 

1998
New development of the computer-controlled skiving machine CSP for the
paper and packaging industry, as well as the computer-controlled skiving
machine CS 6.

2001
A world first is presented at the IMS in Pirmasens: the network
compatible skiving machine CSN 1.

2002
The SPA 750 expands the range of splitting machines.

2005
Fortuna enters into the construction of plant engineering in beverage
packaging.

2008
The first beverage packaging system is presented at the DRUPA in
Düsseldorf.

2010
New development of the computer-controlled skiving machine
NG 6.

2014
Fortuna celebrates 111 years of German manufacturing.

2017
Fortuna under new ownership: NMP Germany GmbH.